ARGENTINE CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
Argentine CHIMICHURRI sauce is a wonderful blend of fresh flavour bursts which is generally served as a side with most meat dishes in Argentina. What I love about this sauce is that it's aroma and taste adds depth to any dish used. It's very light as it is made of two primary green herbs, Parsley and oregano.
In Argentina CHIMICHURRI sauce is a must serve as a side with meats. I have used it as a marinade for meats and fish and it works great. Also I have lapped up my meat and fish pieces in this sauce and grilled, steamed, pan seared with wonderful results. FOR MY VEGAN FRIENDS I HAVE SPOONED THIS SAUCE ON TOFU CUBES AND GRILLED AND IT TASTES REALLY YUM.
ARGENTINE CHIMICHURRI SAUCE RECIPE :
I have got the recipe of the Argentine CHIMICHURRI Sauce from this wonderfully described post ��ARGENTINE CHIMICHURRI SAUCE RECIPE SOURCE . I however have tweaked it according to the liking and preferences of my family.
YIELDS : 1 1/2 CUP ( 1CUP = 250 GMS )
CUISINE : ARGENTINE
TYPE : SAUCE/DIP
TIME : 5 MINUTES PREPARATION + 5 MINUTES MAKING THE SAUCE + CHILLING TIME
1 CUP = 250 Gms Approximately.
1) 2 Cups packed fresh Parsely leaves
2) 8 Medium cloves of garlic peeled
3) 1/4 th Cup packed fresh Oregano leaves OR 4 Tsp dried Oregano
4) Juice of 2 Lemons OR 1/4 Cup of Red Wine Vinegar if you want to preserve it refrigerated for a week
5) 1 Tsp of freshly crushed dry red chilli
6) 1/2 Tsp of Black Salt/Kala Namak OR Kosher Salt
7) 1 Tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
8) 1 Tsp of Olive Oil
THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE CHIMICHURRI SAUCE:
1) Whizz all the above ingredients except crushed dry red chilli, ground black pepper and olive oil in a food processor till very finely chopped.
2) Now add the Olive Oil and whizz it further till you get a smooth paste. Transfer to a bowl and add crushed dry red chilli, crushed black pepper. Check for seasoning and add salt if required.
TIP : I add the crushed chilli and pepper right at the end because we love the grainy texture of these two in our sauce.
3) If you want to preserve the sauce for upto a week, then immediately transfer it into an airtight container and refrigerate. Mix well before serving.
TIP : If you have used freshly squeezed lemon juice like me then consume it on the same day of preparing it. You can leave the sauce in a refrigerator for half an hour to allow the flavours to meld and mix nicely before serving.
4) In Argentina CHIMICHURRI sauce is a must serve as a side with meats. I have used it as a marinade for meats and fish and it works great. Also I have lapped up my meat and fish pieces in this sauce and grilled, steamed, pan seared with wonderful results. FOR MY VEGAN FRIENDS I HAVE SPOONED THIS SAUCE ON TOFU CUBES AND GRILLED AND IT TASTES REALLY YUM.
DO CHECK MY RECIPE STEAMED FISH IN ARGENTINE CHIMICHURRI SAUCE.