Raspberry Bhapa Doi Recipe / Raspberry Flavoured Steamed Yogurt Recipe~
SERVES ~ 4
CUISINE ~ BENGALI / INDIAN
TYPE ~ DESSERT / SWEET DISH
TIME ~ 5 MINUTES PREPARATION + 25~30 MINUTES STEAMING + 3 ~ 4 HOURS REFRIGERATION
- 1 Cup (250 Gms) Yogurt, use Greek Yogurt or Full Cream Hung Yogurt for best results
- 1 Cup (250 Ml ) Condensed Milk
- 1/4 Cup Reduced Milk or simply Full Cream Milk if you are in a hurry
- 4 Tsp Raspberry Jam, omit if you are making the traditional Bhapa Doi, alternately use a flavour which your family likes
- Fresh Raspberries for topping, optional
- Raspberry Sauce for serving with, optional
Let's make Raspberry Bhapa Doi / Raspberry Flavoured Steamed Yogurt in easy steps ~
** Add Milk and stir it in.
** Add the Raspberry jelly and stir till you get a homogeneous mixture.
NOTE ~ The mixture will be thick and flowly but not runny.
2) Transfer mixture into the vessel in which you will steam it. I grease the vessel using a little clarified butter so that I can easily demould the Bhapa Doi and serve it if desired. However greasing the bowl is optional. You can use ramekins or few smaller bowls too instead of one large bowl for individual servings.
** Cover the bowl tightly. You can first cover the bowl with an aluminum foil and then place the lid. The idea is to not allow water to enter as we steam the yogurt.
** Place the bowl in a steamer and steam for 25 to 30 minutes.
NOTE ~ In case you do not have a steamer, take a large deep sauce pan, bigger than the bowl with the yogurt mixture. Fill it with three fingers height of water from the bottom. Place a vessel like a bowl inverted inside the sauce pan to raise the height and prevent water from getting into the bowl with the yogurt mixture. Place the bowl with the yogurt mixture on top of the inverted bowl, lid tightly on. Cover the saucepan. Bring the water to a rolling boil and then simmer. Ensure that there is a constant supply of steam in the saucepan, yet the water doesn't bubble it's way into the bowl with the yogurt mixture.
** When the bowl with the steamed yogurt is cool enough to handle, remove from the saucepan, bring to room temperature and then refrigerate for 3~ 4 hours before serving.
NOTE ~ It is natural to have a little liquid oozing from the sides of your Steamed yogurt bowl.
** Serve chilled topped with fresh raspberries and pour a little Raspberry sauce too.
This traditional Bhapa Doi has been an instant hit whenever I have made it. If you think I am exaggerating then make it and serve to your folks and you will also echo my words thereafter.
Would Love To Hear From You. Do Leave Your Valuable Feedback In The Comments Below. If You Have Tried This Recipe Please Let Me Know How It Turned Out. If You Have Any Queries Regarding This Or Any Other Recipe In My Blog, Please Feel Free To Leave A Comment Here Or Email Me At firstname.lastname@example.org . For The Latest Updates Of My Blog And Loads Of Food Stories Stay Tuned To My Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Flipboard Accounts. Let The Food Adventure Continue In Your Kitchen...