Murgh Methi Malai is a chicken curry to suit all taste buds. The gravy is mildly spiced, very creamy and has the gorgeous aroma of the fresh fenugreek leaves combined with a whiff of fragrance from the Kasoori Methi or dried fenugreek leaves added right at the end for enhanced aroma. Fresh fenugreek leaves have a slight bitter taste, in-spite of having numerous health benefits. In this curry the bitter taste of the fenugreek leaves is completely masked by yogurt and fresh cream that is incorporated in this dish. The result is a delectable Indian Chicken Curry, rustled up within minutes and definitely a palate appeaser.
Murgh Methi Malai Recipe / Chicken Cooked In Fenugreek Leaves And Fresh Cream Recipe ~
- 1 Kg. Chicken, skinned, on the bone, use boneless chicken if you like
- 4 Tbsp Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 Tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 ~3 Green Chillies, slit into two
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Large Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Fresh Fenugreek Leaves, tightly packed, no stems
- 1 Cup (250 ml approximately) Fresh Cream
- 1 Tbsp Kasoori Methi (dried fenugreek leaves), crushed
- 4 Tbsp Scallions (Spring onions), chopped
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder, freshly ground
- Salt to taste
Get Cooking Murgh Methi Malai / Chicken Cooked In Fenugreek Leaves And Fresh Cream In Easy Steps ~
- Throw in the fenugreek leaves. Fry them till they become dry and fragrant.
- Add the marinated chicken along with the marinade. Do not add water at this stage.
- Cook the chicken on high flame for 5 minutes. Then simmer and cook till done.
- Finally throw in the chopped scallions, kasoori methi.
- At this stage as per liking add water if you need more gravy. Bring to a boil if you add water or else skip this step.
- Add black pepper powder, season with salt if required. Give everything a nice stir.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Simmer for 2 minutes and your Methi Malai Chicken Curry is ready to serve.
Would Love To Hear From You. Do Leave Your Valuable Feedback In The Comments Below. If You Have Tried This Recipe Please Let Me Know How It Turned Out. If You Have Any Queries Regarding This Or Any Other Recipe In My Blog, Please Feel Free To Leave A Comment Here Or Email Me At firstname.lastname@example.org . For The Latest Updates Of My Blog And Loads Of Food Stories Stay Tuned To My Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Flipboard Accounts. Let The Food Adventure Continue In Your Kitchen...