Saturday, 15 August 2015
TRI COLOUR PARFAIT - CELEBRATING A STEP TOWARDS A HEALTHIER & PEACEFUL INDIA ON THE 69TH INDEPENDENCE DAY
The fervour, the spirit, the pride is soaring higher than ever and I am truly blessed to have been born in this land of the greats. Wherever in the world I go I wear my INDIAN heart, culture, tradition and values with the highest honour. It's been a celebration of life each day in this vibrant, colourful, incredible country. Today as India celebrates its 69th year of Independence I rejoice all the laurels , all the developments this country has garnered in these years. I acknowledge the joy of being free nurtured by my country where the essence of being free is the top priority.
The Highlight of my Independence Day Celebration has been saluting, remembering and glorifying the memory of our brave hearts , our soldiers. They are the biggest protector of our freedom. They stake their lives to keep ours safe and stand guard so that we can enjoy our freedom. I bow to their dedication and what they are doing for us. I hail their courage and love for their motherland and thank them over and over again for being the custodian of our freedom.
With a prayer that every INDIAN no matter in which part of the globe they are, live a fulfilling and healthy life and this country is always enveloped in love and peace I wish all Indians a Very Happy 69th Independence Day.
As I believe that a healthy life should be a priority of all Indians , my dish today is a very refreshing, super healthy, vitamins, minerals, fibres, antioxidant loaded Parfait. This is one of the finest examples of a dessert being so healthy and delicious. This is a very simple recipe, can be made by anyone and should not take more than 10-15 minutes to put together. Also as this dish is a part of India's 69th Independence Celebrations I have kept the colours of the dessert like the TRI colour of our INDIAN Flag .
So let's have a look at the ingredients and procedure.
AUTHOR : PIYALI
SERVES : 4
CUISINE : FRENCH
TYPE : DESSERT
TIME : 15 MINUTES
FOR THE GREEN LAYER :
1) 50 Gms Raw Pistachios chopped
2) 2 Kiwis chopped ito small pieces
3) 80-100 Gms of green Grapes
FOR THE WHITE LAYER :
1) 400 Gms Yogurt ( I used a very low fat yogurt )
2) 50 Gms of Oats
3) 50 Gms of raw almond slivers
FOR THE ORANGE LAYER :
1) 2 Oranges skinned and cut into small pieces
2) 1 Musk Melon ( preferably a smaller one)
3) 12 - 15 seedless dates
4) 1 Carrot
THIS IS WHAT YOU DO :
1) Chop and cut all the fruits and nuts as mentioned above.
2) In a bowl mix the thick yogurt, almond slivers and oats. Keep ready to use.
TIP: You may use sweet flavoured oats.
3) For our parfait we need musk melon balls. For this wash the musk melon thoroughly under running water and thereafter cut it into half. Using a spoon scoop out all the seeds of the melon from one half. Take your melon baller and sink it deep into the melon and scoop out at least 20 balls. These melon balls should be very small (approx 0.5 cm radius so that they should fit into your glass and look nice too. Depending on the size of your melon you can use one half or the entire melon.
TIP : You can refer to this link --> to know how to make melon balls using a baller. If you do not have a baller you can use a deep round spoon something resembling the 1 tsp round measuring spoon.
3) For the carrot date balls, grate the skinned and washed carrot. Squeeze out all the water from it. Wizz the seedless dates in a food processor. Now mix both together and make into very small size balls.
In a serving glass first goes in the raw chopped pistachios, followed by grapes and chopped kiwis. Use a spoon to assemble them close to one another without leaving any space. Next goes in the yogurt, oats and almond slivers mix. For the final orange layer, place the oranges followed by melon balls and date and carrot balls. Serve chilled.