Bajra Chi Bhakri / Bajra Roti / Indian Flat Bread Made out of Pearl Millet Flour Recipe ~
- Add hot water a little, about 2 Tbsp into the flour.
- Using a spoon mix. You will not be able to use your hand here as the water will be too hot to handle.
- Wait for a few seconds and when you can handle the heat start kneading the dough. You can use a food processor to knead the dough too. this will make it easier as you do not have to handle the dough wit your bare hands.
- Knead the dough into smooth and not very hard neither too soft dough.
- NOTE : Every time you add hot water into the dough, wait for it to cool down a bit, so that you can comfortably handle the heat without burning your hand. The amount of water mentioned above may vary depending of the type of pearl millet flour used. Also the water used to knead the dough should be hot and not luke warm to get the perfect dough.
- With the help of your hand flatten the sphere on the working surface.
- Sprinkle Bajra flour a little lavishly over the flattened dough. Using a little more flour, will help you to easily roll out the dough without it sticking to your working surface.
- Carefully roll out the dough into a roti.
- NOTE : Do not use the same pressure as you would use while rolling out a roti made with wheat flour. Here the presuure used should be light. Start working your rolling pin from inside out. Do not stretch the rotis much or else it will break. Also flatten out evenly so that the entire roti remains of the same thickness. Also these rotis will be a little thick and the outermost circular edge of the roti will be uneven.