Jaozi Halwa Recipe / Nutmeg or Jaiphal Halwa recipe ~
FOR GARNISHING ~
2 Tbsp chopped blanched almonds
2 Tbsp of coarsely ground Pistachios
1 sheet silver foil (optional)
Few dried Rose petals (optional)
Cook With Me Jaozi Halwa In Easy Steps ~
- After soaking for 12 hours, remove the skin of the Almonds, pistachios. Grind them to a fine paste adding 4 ~ 5 Tbsp milk.
- Pour in milk slowly a little by little at a time.
- Stir continuously and cook the mixed nuts paste in the milk for 5 minutes.
- Now add in the remaining milk, stir and bring to a rolling boil.
- Once boiling point is reached, bring your burner to the lowest and start reducing the milk.
- Stir often, scraping the milk solids from the sides of the saucepan.
- Stir well.
- After a couple of minutes add in the saffron soaked in milk or boiled in water.
- Sir and mix with milk.
- Let the milk simmer for 10 minutes, then add the nutmeg powder. Mix.
- Finally add in the clarified butter.
- Mix and continue simmering.