MURSHIDABAD MURGIR KORMA RECIPE / CHICKEN KORMA (MURSHIDABAD STYLE) RECIPE ~
COOK WITH ME IN EASY STEPS ~
- Take Oil in a frying pan or karahi. When piping hot add the onions.
- Deep fry the Onion slices till golden brown.
- Take out the fried onion slices on to a metal strainer. This drains the excess oil.
- Transfer to an absorbent kitchen paper napkin on a plate, so that all the excess oil will get absorbed.
- Take a grinder and transfer the fried onions into it from the plate.
- Grind into a smooth paste using 1 Tbsp water. Keep the brown onion paste aside ready to use.
- Grind everything using 1~2 Tbsp water into a smooth paste.
- Fry the whole spices in the oil till they change colour and become fragrant. (NOTE ~ At this point I remove all the whole spices from the oil as my family doesn't like to get them in their mouth with the gravy. You can leave them in if you wish. )
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry them in the oil till fragrant.
- Next add the poppy seeds and cashew nut paste and fry it along with the other masala for 2 minutes.
- Now add the brown onion paste.
- Mix well with the other masala in the karahi. Fry the paste mix in the karahi till specks of oil start to appear on the sides of the karahi.
- Fry everything for a minute.
- Add the chicken pieces.
- Coat the chicken pieces nicely with all the spice pastes mix in the karahi.
- Cook the Chicken with the masala for 2 minutes.
- Cook the chicken covered till well done.
- Add the saffron along with the milk and mix well.
- Add the kewra or rose water. Mix well again.
- Simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the gravy thickens, remove the karahi from the burner.