GRILLED VEGETABLE PASTA WITH SUNFLOWER SEEDS AND CURRY LEAF PESTO ~
MAKE THE PASTA SALAD WITH ME IN EASY STEPS:
COOKING THE PASTA ~
- When the water comes to a rolling boil, add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta Completely. ( NOTE ~ As this is a pasta salad we don't therefore cook the Pasta Al Dente. )
- Drain the water out and spread the pasta on a tray or large plate.
- Heat the grill pan. Coat the grill pan with 1 Tsp Oil. When the Grill Pan is smoking hot, place the vegetables on it.
- Grill the vegetables nicely turning them to get the perfect char grill on both sides.
- Remove the vegetables from the grill pan and after they cool a bit, slice the zucchini and bell pepper slices into cubes.
- Add the grilled veggies, basil leaves, cheese.
- Season was th salt and pepper.
- Drizzle extra virgin Olive oil on top.
SUNFLOWER SEEDS AND CURRY LEAF PESTO RECIPE ~
LET'S MAKE THE PESTO ~
- Place all the ingredients in a grinder or blender. Add extra virgin olive oil.
- Blitz or grind the ingredients into a smooth, creamy paste. Do not add water while blending/ grinding. Use more oil if required to grind to a paste with silky smooth consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl. ( NOTE ~ The texture of the pesto should be thick and smooth. It should slide smoothly off your spoon when you tilt your spoon slightly with a spoonful of pesto. )
LINKS TO SALAD RECIPES FROM CULINARY BLOGGERS ~
3 - WAY PEANUT SALAD BY +Poornima hegde
CARROT CUCUMBER SLAW WITH APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE BY +Poornima hegde
BLACK EYED PEA QUINOA SALAD IN ENDIVE BOATS BY +Padma Veeranki / Masalakorb
WATERMELON AND CUCUMBER SALAD BY +jayashree trao
THAI SALAD WITH PEANUT BUTTER DRESSING BY +Shubha A
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER, CHICKPEA AND COUSCOUS SALAD BY +Swati Saxena
CORN SALAD BY +Shobana Vijay